Thursday, February 21, 2013

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind


First of all, there is always a good reason to read books that educate us financially. Anyway, is there anyone who is not facing financial challenges these days? Perhaps, there are some millionaires or billionaires out there who aren't, but for the general public, we are! We face financial issues every single day. For some, gaining financial freedom is enough. In short, others want to simply get by, to be free from liabilities, and to survive. However, I don't just want to payoff bills and liabilities. I want to be rich. I want to help not just myself but others too. This is the reason why reading this book haunted me everyday since the day I read it's book title. 

In addition, I always believe that financial education is necessary to attaining financial freedom. Most people are not bankrupt because they have no way of earning money. Most people are not rich not because they are incapable of finding right sources of income. We are financially challenged because most of us are not capable of managing our resources, regardless of the amount of funds we are handling. And just like what the book discusses, poor people are poor because they don't think they way rich people think.


I rated this book in my Goodreads site a high 4 star. I don't simply agree to what the author, T. Harv Eker, said in this book, but I believe he was able to layout some important principles in this book that changed my money blueprint. In addition to wealth principles, he also explains how rich people think and act differently compared to others. He calls them wealth files. Below are 5 of the 17 wealth files that the author provided.

Wealth File #1 Rich people belive "I create my life." 
                                 Poor people believe "Life happens to me."
Wealth File #2 Rich people play the money game to win. 
                                 Poor people play the money game not to lose.
Wealth File #3 Rich people are committed to being rich.
                                 Poor people want to be rich.
Wealth File #4 Rich people think big.
                                 Poor people think small.
Wealth File #5 Rich people focus on opportunities.
                                 Poor people focus on obstacles.


Perhaps, you'd say you already know all these. However, that is the point. If you are not yet rich then you need to read this book and relearn things. T. Harv Eker lays these principles out clearly and gives readers thing to do in order to make sure these principles are deeply rooted in your subconscious as well. 

There is no shortcut to becoming rich. It will always require hard work. However, changing your mindset about wealth will definitely put you in the right track to handling your finances properly and become rich sooner, and be one of the real millionaires out there. By the way, if you're interested about the other wealth files then that's a good sign to get yourself a copy of this book. Reading alone won't get you rich but believe me, this book has its way of convincing you to commit to becoming one.

No comments:

Post a Comment